Miss Michigan Kirsten Haglund is the new Miss America for 2008. Haglund, lipstick from ear-to-ear, was all smiles and tears after winning the beauty pageant on Saturday night.
She is a 19-year-old college student at the University of Cincinnati’s College of Conservatory of Music. She hopes to one day have a career on Broadway.
Platform Issue: Raising Awareness of Eating Disorders
Talent: Operatic Vocal
Photos and Finalists Below
The 10 Finalists for Miss America 2008
- Miss Michigan, Kirsten Haglund (Winner)
- Miss Iowa, Diana Reed
- Miss North Carolina, Jessica Marie Jacobs (Runner Up)
- Miss California, Melissa Chaty
- Miss Indiana, Nicole Elizabeth Rash (Runner Up)
- Miss Georgia, Leah Massee
- Miss Washington, Elyse Umemoto (Runner Up)
- Miss Virginia, Hannah Martine Kiefer (Runner Up)
- Miss Texas, Molly Leah Hazlett
- Miss Wisconsin, Christina Anna Thompson
The judges for the pageant were Trace Ayala, Sarah Ivens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Jason La Padura, Kim Lyons, Robin Meade, James Arthur Ray.
photos: Miss America