Live blog, play-by-play, action of tonight’s UFC 92 MMA results between Forrest Griffin and Rashad Evans from Las Vegas.
Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans Main Event
Round 1: The first round could have gone either way as both fighters were aggressive and landed a number of punches.Â Evans finished the round really strong after delivering a devastating kick to Griffin’s ribs. (10-9 Griffin) – Ringside judges scored it 29-28 for Griffin.
Round 2: Griffin started out strong in round number two with some swift Thai clinch and kicking. Evans takes numerous punches before blowing Griffin a kiss and grabbing his nuts. A lot of low kicks from Griffin that are doing some damage to Evans.Â Evans lands at least one strong punch near the end of the round. (10-9 Griffin) – Ringside judges scored it 30-27 for Griffin.
Round 3:Â Griffin totally had this match under control until the third when he slipped and started having to fight off Evans from his back.Â Evans truly pounced on the opportunity and punches away with both hands. Griffin recovers for a bit before Evans belts him to the head with numerous jab blows.Â Griffin finally concedes by tapping out at the 2:46 mark.
Result: Rashad Evans defeats Forrest Griffin (3rd round 2:46) to become the light heavyweight champion.
- Patrick Berry defeats Dan Evensen (1st round 2:36 TKO)
- Brad Blackburn defeats Ryo Chonan (Decision 29-28)
- Matt Hamill defeats Reese Andy (2nd round 2:19)
- Antoni Hardonk defeats Mike Wessell (2nd round 2:09)
- Yushin Okami defeats Dean Lister (Decision 30-27)
- Cheick Kongo defeats Mustapha al Turk (1st round 4:37)
- Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackon defeats Wanderlei Silva (1st round 3:21)
- CB Dollaway defeats Mike Massenzio (1st round 3:01)
- Frank Mir defeats Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (2nd round 1:54)
Posted under Sports