Every year here at Bumpshack I like to compile the most complete and accurate list of ‘The 10 Most Hated Celebrities’ in Hollywood. Our inaugural edition back in 2006 is one of our most popular posts of all-time and was featured on TMZ, dozens of blogs, radio, tabloids all over the world, and my appearance on MSNBC Live.
Several bloggers joined me again this year to help discuss the ‘Most Hated Celebrities,’ as well as many friends, who sent me their lists of who they thought should make the final cut.
Some celebs have rehabbed their image since 2006, as only two celebrities from that list made our 2nd edition this year. Those celebs being Tom Cruise and Paris Hilton.
Without further ado here is the ‘Top 10 Most Hated Celebrities of 2008.’ And the ‘Most Hated Celeb’ of the year is….
The 10 Most Hated Celebs of 2008
- Paris Hilton (66 votes) – People continue to hate on Paris even though she didn’t do anything all that despicable in 2008. Miss Hilton had a ho-hum year considering some of the more shocking things that happened to her last year, when she spent time in prison for being a drunk-driving mess. David Letterman had a great time making fun of her on his show early in the year and even former Presidential candidate John McCain used her in one of his campaign ads to compare Barack Obama’s sudden fame to that of Hilton’s talentless ride to the top. It does seem that she was beaten down pretty bad while she was dating the scum that is Benji Madden for most of 2008. To cap the year off thieves stole more than $2 million dollars of jewelry from her home in December. It’s easy to hate someone in this economy that is keeping that much jewelry at their home. She repeats as the ‘Most Hated Celeb’ of the year, having won Bumpshack’s inaugural ‘Most Hated Celeb’s award back in 2006. We love you Paris! - Bumpshack (Joshua Holmes)
- Spencer Pratt/Heidi Montag (60 votes) – Seriously, do we need a reason to hate these two? Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag are the most pimped out couple to come out of MTV’s pseudo-reality show “The Hills” and they couldn’t be any faker. From fake virginity, fake boobs, fake pregnancy, fake marriage to the most unbelievable quotes and publicity stunts, they are the lowest low of American society. We always see them out doing nothing but posing for the cameras and we often realize there couldn’t be two people more perfect for each other. They are both so futile and have absolutely no brains at all, we hope they live happily ever after in their pseudo world of flash bulbs and tabloid headlines. - Gossip Teen (Gossip Gal)
- Madonna (53 votes) -Here is the issue with Madonna. You are either a die hard fan or the thought of her is like nails on a chalk board. This is a woman who was an iconic figure that fearlessly pioneered trends, but recently fell into a vast pit of desperation. Whether she is trying to pass off a faux British accent or dominate the world via Britney Spears…this is a creature that feels she can do no wrong. So, we are her minions and her sad attempts at recapturing her youth involve young male models named Jesus. Sounds like a perfectly good match made in egotistical heaven. – Celebrity Smack!
- Tom Cruise (50 votes) – He has tried to apologize and rectify his media mistakes in 2008, but it was all to no avail. Despite his countless recent interviews from Oprah to The Hills After Show, his loony antics of years past (jumping on Oprah’s couch, calling out Brooke Shields, insulting Matt Lauer and pushing his cult on America) pretty much sealed his demise. As we revisited his 25th anniversary in Hollywood this year, we all realized that he is a long way gone from classics like Risky Business, Top Gun & Rain Man. Sorry, Tom… Valkyrie just ain’t cuttin’ it these days. Your Interview With the Vampire co-star Brad Pitt still has our hearts, and you don’t even have our pity. But hey, keep your chin up- you did produce a freakishly cute child. Tom is only the second celebrity to make both this list and the ‘Most Hated Celebs’ list from two years ago. – Backseat Cuddler (Meg)
- John Mayer (44 votes) – John Mayer is man who has made it his quest in life to annoy and remain relevant by press whoring himself with Hollywood women. His current victim is Jennifer Aniston which just amplifies his level of smug. If he isn’t out drumming up some exposure for himself, he is bitching about the media via his blog. John’s talent is outshined by his superiority complex and self worshiping. Most women are begging for men to open up about their feelings, but this is one guy I wish would shut the hell up already. – Hollywood Dame (Cara)
- Kanye West (32 votes) – All hail Kanye West, “the voice of this generation.” Kanye West, we hear you talking but no one is listening. If he really is the voice of this generation then we are all doomed. Kanye’s arrogance is unbelievably annoying almost as much as his crying and childish temper tantrums he throws at award shows when he does not win. Graduation to maturity seems to be something that even Kanye can’t sample. Even George W. Bush hates Kanye. – Stupid Celebrities (Jeff)
- O.J. Simpson (29 votes) – What’s there to say about O.J. this year, other than the fact every human being in the world belives justice was finally delivered, albeit fourteen years later than it should have been. While he walked free after being acquitted of charges of double homicide following the 1994 murders of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and friend Ron Goldman, Simpson has been staring at the inside of a correctional facility since his October 3, 2008 conviction for numerous felonies including robbery with a deadly weapon and burglary with a firearm. His conviction for the crimes will lock O.J. away for the next fifteen years. What happens in Las Vegas in-fact doesn’t always stay in Las Vegas for the token-busty blonde abuser. Nicole Simpson and Goldman unfortunately can’t pen a book with the title “If We Were Murdered”. If they could, I’m sure that they’d be able to sway you as to why O.J. is so hated. – Jesus Hearts Music (Tim)
- Perez Hilton (28 votes) – Perez has somehow made a name for himself by drawing on pictures and outing homosexuals. His sense of humor is bad lately too…I used to think he was funny, but now I think he’s just crude. How many pictures of celebrities do we need to see with bodily fluids dripping off of their faces? Give the facial art a rest big girl. Lately, paparazzi photos have appeared with him in them as the celebrity or sidekick, and he has taken every opportunity to flaunt them on his site. As if someone really wants to see what he really looks like. Okay, maybe I’m just jealous that he can charge $54,000 for ads on his site. – Knocked Up Celebs (Taylor Blue)
- Rosie O’Donnell (26 votes) – This “woman” is plague on society. Rosie use to shine on her own talk show back in the day. It was a hit and I even enjoyed watching it back in the 90′s. Her career has been steadily going downhill since then. Rosie is nuts! After she bombed ‘The View”‘, I thought we would finally be rid of Rosie. But, NO! She had to try once again to win over America and this time she barely got her foot in the door. NBC tried her out on a pathetic variety show, ‘Rosie Live’. America screamed back by not watching and giving the show the worst ratings of the night. The show was quickly dropped and that was that. We have had enough of this frumpy, overbearing eyesore that just won’t go away. – Backseat Cuddler (Jennifer G)
- Denise Richards (23 votes) – Her reality TV show, ‘It’s Complicated,’ made her look so bad that most of us, who were unfortunate to watch it, finally started to actually see why Charlie Sheen might have been banging every stripper this side of Encino while he was married to the self absorbed and shallow Richards. Denise is so hated that she made Charlie look like the good guy in their split and that is no small accomplishment. She should be eternally grateful to whoever did the casting for her role in ‘Wild Things’ which made her famous and for reality TV for extending said fame an additional 15 minutes. – Bumpshack (Joshua Holmes)
- Jessica Simpson (22 votes) – Poor pitiful Jessica Simpson! Why does America hate you so? Going back to your country music roots did nothing to help you, even though gaining those beefy extra pounds made millions of women feel better about themselves. You are a bad luck charm for your boyfriend Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys – America’s team- so that really doesn’t help make you likable. Even your lip-synching, little sister got married and had the first Simpson baby before you. And your creepy preacher daddy loves to talk about the size of your boobs and claims to be the mastermind behind your relationship with Romo. But at least you spent this year in love- don’t blow it (like your boyfriend did against the Eagles) again. – Backseat Cuddler (Meg)
- Angelina Jolie (19 votes) – Angie is a great actress, who can do anything from action to drama and still be credible in every role. She is sexy, hot mother of 47 children who loves doing humanitarian work all over the world. Angie is an epiphany – she is on her way to becoming Hollywood’s biggest icon of all time. Is she perfect or is she fake? Is she just a good product of media manipulation or the real deal? Reportedly, Angelina seduced Brad Pitt on the set of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” with wild sex and the idea of raising dozens of kids and orphans in secluded villages. Jolie has made Jennifer Aniston go nuts running around naked in a desperate cry for attention. We all know Aniston hates Angelina and almost every other woman in the world, who doesn’t have lesbian fantasies of Jolie hate her as well. – Gossip Teen (Gossip Gal)
- Heather Mills (18 votes) – For a celebrity blogger, Heather Mills’ mere existence is like Christmas every day – she is the gift that keeps on giving. Removing her false leg on Larry King’s show is just the least of her escapades. She took Sir Paul McCartney for nearly $50M in their divorce (which she has reportedly mostly spent already), reneged on a promise to help a fellow amputee purchase prosthetics, got fired by her own publicist, and forced her nanny to give her naked spray tans. Small wonder that her publicist called her “the biggest b***h on the planet.” I prefer to refer to her as “a syphilitic Tasmanian devil on crank” myself. – Backseat Cuddler (Monkey)
- Elizabeth Hasselbeck (17 votes) – Elisabeth was cute back when she was on ‘Survivor,’ but now over half of Americans can’t stand her. First, she makes Rosie O’Donnell so upset, that she leaves ‘The View’, and then she fought almost every day during the election with Whoopi Goldberg. I’m surprised she hasn’t been fired from ‘The View’ already. And the thing that’s the funniest? Since the election is over, she has backpedaled and says she supports Obama after she swore up and down that she was a McCain girl. She’s fun to watch at least keeps it lively with the ultra-liberals on the show. – Knocked Up Celebs (Taylor Blue)
- Kim Kardashian (17 votes) – She is simply a raunchy socialite-whore. Kim went all out to make a name for herself and in a sense, has done an amazing job. Her efforts include a tight (doesn’t seem like the right word to use with Kim) “friendship” with Paris Hilton. Next, she made an amazingly raunchy sex video with her then boy toy Ray-J who urinated all over her in the video. Then, appropriately, she leaked the tape herself, sued over the tape being released, and then came to an agreement to release “Kim Kardashian Superstar” for a vast financial gain. Feeling that America had not seen enough of her naked body Kim seduced Playboy into letting her expose her overexposed body in the once classy magazine. Kim is like Paris Hilton except without a brain (if you can imagine that). – Backseat Cuddler (Jennifer G)
- Nick Hogan (16 votes) – He is a turd that won’t flush. One of the most disgraceful human beings to roam the Earth. This guy has earned his title as the ‘Short Bus Version of Kevin Federline.’ He is simply after cash and fame and will use his own family to get it. After nearly killing his “best friend” in an accident, he was taped in a phone call with his father that aired out the fact that he was more concerned about “making money” and getting himself a TV show with Daddy Hogan’s help. This boy is like a white trash piñata…one whack and the tacky comes pouring out. – Hollywood Dame (Cara)
- Michael Vick (15 votes) – Naturally it’s a human reaction to want to toss the owner of the elaborate dog fighting complex Bad Newz Kennels (apparently one “s” to “z” replacement was enough) into a pit of his own then-violent breeds of pitbulls. He’s a changed man, right? Vick would have you believe that at least. The former NFL star pled guilty to the obvious charges, professed his renewed faith and love in God (Paris Hilton praying on her knees during her notorious sex tape would have been more convincing), and as of last Fall he began serving a 24-month sentence. Vick served yet another blow to the 6-footer who was once named one of the 10 most-wealthy athletes in America when he filed for bankruptcy back in the summer. Dozens of dead and abused dogs agree with myself, and those reading this, that Vick more than deserves a fixed spot among the most-hated celebrities not only of 2008, but of all time. – Jesus Hearts Music (Tim)
- Kevin Federline (15 votes) – The former husband of Britney Spears has found a slight redemption the past year. With Britney going ham sandwich crazy, he was forced to step up and be the sane parent. He was able to alter his image from parasite to pudgy part time father with a career as a wannabe has-been. However, Kevin has Britney to thank for remaining slightly relevant and footing the bill for his wardrobe that came from a Rosie O’Donnell yard sale. He is still a drain on society and is probably lists finishing Grand Theft Auto III over 6 consecutive times as an accomplishment on his resume. – Hollywood Dame (Cara)
- Tyra Banks (13 votes) – Where to begin with this character…. Tyra Banks enjoys soiling her pants, she’s fake, a hypocrite and she loves Vaseline… Why the heck would anyone give this diva a talk show? Be sure to find the pictures of Tyra Banks without makeup on Google to learn the powers of having a good makeup artist. Does anyone really want to listen to her? Runway models (of all ages) are suppose to be seen not heard. – Stupid Celebrities (Jeff)
- Russell Brand (12 votes) – He was mostly just another obscure British comedian until he took the mic as host of the VMA’s this year. The foul-mouthed, self-described former sex and drug addict wore out his joke about the Jonas Brothers’ purity rings, called George W. Bush a “retarded cowboy” and said nasty things about Bristol Palin’s baby daddy. But then what do you expect from a guy who showed up to his audition for Forgetting Sarah Marshall and admitted that he hadn’t even read the script? Or who regularly goes out with his hair looking like Amy Winehouse did it for him? Brand can’t excuse himself by claiming we Americans just don’t get British humor. We just don’t like HIM! – Backseat Cuddler (Gossip Monkey)
Many More Celebrities and Rants Below
Other Celebs Receiving More than One Vote:
Beyonce (12 votes), Aubrey O’Day (12 votes), Lindsay Lohan (11 votes), Amy Winehouse (10 votes), Kobe Bryant (10 votes), Michael Lohan (8 votes), Sam Lutfi (7 votes), Ashlee Simpson (5 votes), Katie Holmes (5 votes), Mariah Carey (4 votes), Diane Keaton (4 votes) and Mischa Barton (2 votes)
Special thanks to all my friends who took time to send me lists of their most hated celebs and for their support the past 4+ years with Bump.
Celebs on the 2006 list that didn’t make the ‘Top Ten’ part of this list are Lindsay Lohan, Star Jones, Brandon Davis, Britney Spears (who didn’t receive a single vote), Tara Reid, Michael Jackson, Jessica Simpson, and Kevin Federline.
Like with any ‘Top 10′ or list there will be debate, outrage, and simply shock that this celeb was left off or included. With a ‘Most Hated’ list the venom positive and negative will be even that more intense. Please leave a comment below with your thoughts on the list. Just keep it half way tame and the language clean so it will get approved.
*All statements above are strictly opinion and the opinion of the blogger attributed for said statement.