It came down to a virtual tie between new films End of Watch and House at the End of the Street for the weekend box office crown. The tiebreaker went to End of Watch since it made the same amount of money on fewer screens.
Clint Eastwood’s Trouble with the Curve opened up in third place ahead of Finding Nemo (3D) and Resident Evil: Retribution.
- End of Watch – $13,000,000 ($13.0 million)
- House at the End of the Street – $13,000,000 ($13.0 million)
- Trouble with the Curve – $12,720,000 ($12.7 million)
- Finding Nemo (3D) – $9,446,000 ($29.9 million)
- Resident Evil: Retribution – $6,700,000 ($33.5 million)