Bumpshack’s annual ’10 Most Hated Celebrities’ post started back in 2006 when the site was still in it’s infancy. The post garnered tons of attention, hits, and led to me being interviewed, in studio, on MSNBC Live.
Since then it’s become a December tradition where myself and several other bloggers, from other sites, look back on the most hated celebrities of that year. The list last year grew from the top 10 to the top 20 most hated celebrities, although the name remains the same.
As always, you will agree with some, disagree with others, and this year – a nation of Bieber lovers will fill my inbox with their own hate.
Without further ado here is the TopÂ 10Â 20 Most Hated Celebrities of 2010â€¦..
The 10 Most Hated Celebs of 2010
- Justin Bieber (54 votes) – What is not to hate about Justin Bieber? The prep-swirl shagcut that beckons at you from every prepubescent boy at the mall? The simple and often lip synched songs? The cocky attitude that makes Kanye West look like the late Pope John Paul II? That’s the thing, you don’t have to look hard or deep for reasons why many in America despise the 16-year old Canadian. The boy prince took over Miley Cyrus’ throne as the teen queen and has dominated the charts since. His ‘My World 2.0′ has gone multi-platinum and his concerts sell out in minutes.
However, his arrogance and cockiness turn off most fans above the age of 19. Bieber seems to do whatever he wants, whether it is beating up a teen that taunted him or throwing water balloons at his own security team from a hotel balcony high above. Bieber’s age and effeminacy seem to be the reason most hate, along with the hideous haircut, but Bieber’s massive teen following, chart success, and moxy will make sure he remains near the forefront for the foreseeable future. – Bumpshack (Joshua Holmes)
- LeBron James (51 votes) – LeBron started the year on top of the basketball world as his ‘then’ Cleveland Cavs had the best record in the NBA upon entering the playoffs. This quickly changed when he quit on his team in the Eastern Conference Finals, against the Celtics, when rumors of his teammate Delonte West having slept with his mom began to surface. Upon the quick exit from the Playoffs, LeBron entered the most anticipated Â free agency pursuit in perhaps sports history. LBJ and his manager, Maverick Carter, decided to announce which team he would sign with on a self produced ESPN 1-hour show called ‘The Decision.’
This ill-fated decision changed the way NBA fans and even non-NBA fans viewed LeBron perhaps forever. Â Before a televised audience of millions, he spurned his home state Cavs to take his ‘talents to South Beach.’ Â He had not let the Cavs know before hand about his decision. He embarrassed the Cavs franchise and a fledgling city before millions. It didn’t help that he was hopping down to Miami to play alongside Dwyane Wade, who had already won a NBA title with Shaq, fellow free agent signee Chris Bosh.
From there it got worse once the season started, James attacked his head coach by leaking his discontent to a ESPN insider via his manager. Then just last week, LeBron mouthed off that the NBA would be better if some of the teams would be contracted. Â On the bright side, the Heat have lived up to their fiery name of late as they have been steamrolling teams with James dominating. Â LeBron still draws the biggest crowds to NBA arenas, the difference being that most are now there to boo him, Wade, Bosh, and the Heat. – Bumpshack (Joshua)
- Heidi Montag & Spencer Pratt (47 votes) – The most futile and irritating reality couple, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, is once again between the ten most hated celebs of the year. Heidi started the year revealing a plastic surgery makeover that completely disfigured her 24 year-old face and body, making her feel like Edward Scissorhands. Spencer, the enabler, was even accused of keeping his plastic doll imprisoned at home. However, after the end of â€œThe Hillsâ€, the couple came up with a new maneuver to stay in the spotlight by getting divorced, trying to sell a lesbian sex tape featuring a Girl Next Door and getting back together as if nothing happened. Whatâ€™s not to hate? We can only hope Speidi finally vanishes in 2011. – Gossip Teen (Gossip Gal)
- LeAnn Rimes (36 votes) – Unfortunately for LeAnn Rimes, people seem to have forgotten her place inÂ the entertainment industry and have subconsciously dubbed her a husbandÂ stealer. Â While celebrity affairs and scandal occur on the daily, it’s theÂ Twitter declarations including her February tweet celebrating her “oneÂ year” relations with Cibrian, the public TMI straddle in front of Eddie’sÂ kids on the 4th of July and the nauseating Shape cover and interview thatÂ really rubbed me the wrong way. Â We get it. Â You both frolicked under cover and got caught. Â You’re inÂ love. Â Fine and dandy. Â But, please spare us of your PDA’s and theÂ squinty-eyed pie-eating grins on your faces and start adopting numerousÂ children from third world nations to make us all try to forget why weÂ cringe every time we see you. – Celebrity VIP Lounge (Danity)
- Jesse James (31 votes) – Even folks who hate haters have to hate on the man who broke Sandra Bullock’s heart.Â I mean, what kind of guy does a thing like that?Jesse James, that’s who.Â In 2010, Jesse went from being the man who married up to the dude who went slumming.Â His multiple affairs (no less than seven!) with various skanky women, including Nazi Michelle “Bombshell” McGee, destroyed his marriage.Â Later he had the nerve to call Sandra “the love of his life” and admit that he threw away a pretty amazing life for… what?Â A little somethin’ somethin’ on the side?Â At least he had the humility to admit that he had probably made himself the most hated man in the world.Â Good thing for him that his current piece, Kat Von D, doesn’t seem to mind. – Backseat Cuddler (Gossip Monkey)
- Miley Cyrus (27 votes)Â - 2010 was Miley Cyrusâ€™ year! The Disney star totally ditched the immaculate Hannah Montana style to become real parentsâ€™ worst nightmare. Miley started shocking the kids with a racy new image and bad girl attitude with her re-invention album, â€œI Canâ€™t Be Tamedâ€ â€“ from outrageous wardrobe and dirty dance moves to simulating lesbian kisses on stage and bumping and grinding with an older guy at a club. Perez Hilton did everything to corrupt the singerâ€™s image by posting a fake upskirt picture on Twitter, but a month later she proudly flashed her crotch to the world at the MMVAs. Unfortunately, Mileyâ€™s busy year did not end before cheating on her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth, drinking some beers in Spain, her parentsâ€™ divorce, the celebration of her 18th birthday and finally being caught on camera while getting high on a salvia bong. Cheers, Miley!Â - Bumpshack (Rita)
- The Kardashians (26 votes) – Youâ€™d think out of all the members of the Kardashian family youâ€™d find one with likable qualities. Maybe itâ€™s the irritating sense of entitlement or the fact that none of them seem to have a legitimate talent and are essential paid to be pretty. What do they really do besides exhaust the worldâ€™s supply of bronzer and fake eyelashes? Enter Scott Disick (I am pretty sure the â€˜Sâ€™ is silent) to trump them all. Of course, when Kim uttered this gem: â€œI hate when women wear the wrong foundation color. It might be the worst thing on the planet when they wear their makeup too lightâ€¦” It might have secured her a permanent place in the realm of people we cannot stand. – Hollywood Dame (Cara)
- Jersey Shore Cast (22 votes) – Who would’ve thought that eight housemates living together at the Jersey Shore (of all places) would become American icons? The guidos and guidettes of MTV’s Jersey Shore have become household names, and there’s no stopping them now. Just when you thought the madness had ended with season 2, it appears that Snooki, JWoww, Sammi, Angelina, Pauly D, Vinny, Ronnie, and our favorite, The Situation, will be back for season 3. We’re never getting rid of them, people! And they’re not just on MTV anymore; they’re on every station we turn to. When Barbara Walters puts you on her list of most interesting people, you must be doing something right. So get your GTL on, Bumpshackers, cause’ we’re gonna be fist bumpin’ til’ the end of time. – Bumpshack (Ella Max)
- Kanye West (18 votes) – Kanye West said in an interview he’s the Michael Jordan of music and the voice of our generation – I’m not the type to hate (okay, so I’m lying), but when you start making comments like that, someone needs to shoot him down. He thinks he’s the voice of the people. He thinks he’s a trendsetter. He somewhat is, but not a positive one.Â I canâ€™t stand his belligerent arrogance and hate how he is nothing more than a whiny crybaby who plays the victim in everything. What makes it worse that he says it is all because of his pain.
There can be no respect for someone who makes trouble for other people and then tries to shift blame and make it seem like he is the victim. Case in point – the interview Kanye gave with Matt Lauer discussing George Bush and the Hurricane Katrina telethon, claiming Lauer was ‘brutal’ and ‘forcing’ his answers. Or when he blames Taylor Swift for the backlash he’s received since his 2009 ‘I’ma let you finish, but…” shenanigans because she never came to his defense. He epitomises the regression of what the evolution of human acheivement and respect for others is intended to represent. You could find a more mature person in a pre-school kid. Go away Mr. West.. go far, far away. – Hollywood Dame (Holly)
- Ke$ha (15 votes) – Ke$ha is one of those girls that seems to get away with anything and everything. She reminds me of a young Lady Gaga. We all know that time and time again we hate her. The way she dresses the way she wants and does what she wants. And we can’t forget that naked picture scandal that Ke$ha got involved in. Is love her drug? But we all know that just adds up to being more popular, no matter how trashy it is. I just love to hate her! – Knocked Up Celebs (Taylor Blue)
More Most Hated Celebs of 2010 Below
go on reading »